Where Is Philomath Oregon?
- 1 What is Philomath Oregon known for?
- 2 Is Philomath Oregon a good place to live?
- 3 What county is Philomath Oregon in?
- 4 What’s the weather like in Philomath Oregon?
- 5 What is the meaning of Philomath?
- 6 How safe is Philomath Oregon?
- 7 What’s the elevation of Philomath Oregon?
- 8 How do you use Philomath in a sentence?
- 9 What is the zip code for Philomath Oregon?
What is Philomath Oregon known for?
Philomath, Oregon is known as the city of volunteers. Greek for “Lover of Learning,” Philomath residents are proud of their heritage which is rooted in education and hard work.
Is Philomath Oregon a good place to live?
Philomath is a town in Oregon with a population of 4,929. Philomath is in Benton County and is one of the best places to live in Oregon. Many young professionals live in Philomath and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Philomath are above average.
What county is Philomath Oregon in?
A small Willamette Valley community near the Coast Range, Philomath took its name from Philomath College, founded in 1867 by the United Brethren Church. The name comes from two Greek words meaning “lover of learning.”
What’s the weather like in Philomath Oregon?
In Philomath, the summers are warm, dry, and mostly clear and the winters are very cold, wet, and overcast. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 36°F to 84°F and is rarely below 26°F or above 94°F.
What is the meaning of Philomath?
: a lover of learning: scholar especially: a student of mathematics.
How safe is Philomath Oregon?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Philomath is 1 in 63. Based on FBI crime data, Philomath is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Oregon, Philomath has a crime rate that is higher than 40% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What’s the elevation of Philomath Oregon?
It’s “Sky-ler” not “SHOO-ler.” Philomath is Greek for “love of learning.”
How do you use Philomath in a sentence?
philomaths in a sentence
- I am trying to asymble ” Philomath ” in Greek.
- It was filmed in the city of Philomath, Oregon.
- Much of the early history of Philomath was centered on the Academy.
- This philosophical approach signified a philomath seeking to obtain greater knowledge through epistemology.
What is the zip code for Philomath Oregon?