Often asked: Where To Go On The Oregon Coast?
- 1 Where should I go on the Oregon coast?
- 2 What is the best Oregon Coast town to visit?
- 3 What is the best month to visit the Oregon coast?
- 4 How many days do you need for the Oregon coast?
- 5 What is the prettiest part of the Oregon coast?
- 6 Can you swim in the ocean in Oregon?
- 7 What is the prettiest town in Oregon?
- 8 What is the most affordable beach town in Oregon?
- 9 What is the warmest coastal town in Oregon?
- 10 What is the rainy season in Oregon?
- 11 Is Oregon or Washington better to visit?
- 12 What should I not miss on the Oregon Coast?
- 13 What is the hottest month in Oregon?
- 14 Is Tillamook worth visiting?
- 15 What should I pack for the Oregon Coast?
Where should I go on the Oregon coast?
Road Trip: 10 Must-See Spots Along the Oregon Coast
- Astoria. Start your trip southward here, near the mouth of the Columbia River.
- Cannon Beach.
- Camp 18.
- Indian Beach Trail.
- Tillamook Cheese Factory.
- Yaquina Head Lighthouse.
- Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area.
- Coos Bay.
What is the best Oregon Coast town to visit?
12 Top-Rated Small Towns on the Oregon Coast
- Cannon Beach. Cannon Beach.
- Newport. Yaquina Bay Bridge in Newport | Photo Copyright: Brad Lane.
- Pacific City. Haystack Rock in Pacific City | Photo Copyright: Brad Lane.
- Depoe Bay.
What is the best month to visit the Oregon coast?
Right now, from September through mid October, is the best weather of the entire year on the Oregon Coast. Locals call it “Second Summer” (and sometimes wryly call it the “first summer”), with more stretches of sunny and windless days in the 60s and 70s than you’ll find at any other time.
How many days do you need for the Oregon coast?
We recommend the Oregon Coast road trip down highway 101 to be a 3 day itinerary, but if you don’t go all the way or only make some stops, it could be done in 2 days. If you’re into slower travel, make all of the stops on our Oregon Coast road trip map for a 7 day itinerary from tip to tip.
What is the prettiest part of the Oregon coast?
Cannon Beach, Oregon (One of The Most Popular Oregon Coast Towns) Arguably Oregon’s most iconic beach, Cannon Beach is the epitome of everything the Oregon coast is: picturesque, quaint, and memorable. Haystack Rock stands out as a coastal landmark, but almost everything about this beach screams scenic.
Can you swim in the ocean in Oregon?
Can You Swim in the Pacific Ocean on the Oregon Coast? While there is no real official stand on this by Oregon tourism or state authorities, the general answer is: yes, you can swim in the Oregon coast’s Pacific Ocean. In the summer the ocean rarely gets above 58 degrees.
What is the prettiest town in Oregon?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Oregon, USA
- Ashland. Historical Landmark. Add to Plan.
- Astoria. Architectural Landmark. Add to Plan.
- Baker City. Architectural Landmark.
- Brownsville. Historical Landmark.
- Cottage Grove. Architectural Landmark.
- Florence. Historical Landmark.
- Hood River. Natural Feature.
- Jacksonville. Historical Landmark.
What is the most affordable beach town in Oregon?
Coos Bay, Oregon is the most affordable coastal community along the U.S. West Coast for those who want to live along the Pacific and have those beach views on a budget.
What is the warmest coastal town in Oregon?
“ Brookings can, at times, be the warmest location in Oregon despite it being adjacent to the consistently cold Pacific Ocean waters,” explained Keene. “Anywhere south of Cape Blanco is, on average, warmer than locations north of the cape, especially in the summer and fall months.
What is the rainy season in Oregon?
Across Oregon, the wet season runs from November through March, when the jet stream is strongest in the Northern Hemisphere. Precipitation is less in the months between winter and summer: April through June in the spring and September and October in the fall.
Is Oregon or Washington better to visit?
It’s easier to see more from a road trip through Oregon than in Washington due to the way the 101 is set up in both states. Oregon is good across. You’ll find yourself stopping more in Oregon to see the sights. In Washington, you’ll likely have to drive longer through boring routes to get to the really beautiful spots.
What should I not miss on the Oregon Coast?
Top 10 Don’t-Miss Spots on the Oregon Coast
- Astoria’s Historical Attractions.
- Seaside’s Turnaround and Promenade.
- Three Capes Scenic Loop.
- Tillamook Bay Heritage Route.
- Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area.
- Cape Perpetua Scenic Area.
- Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area.
- Cape Arago.
What is the hottest month in Oregon?
The hottest day of the year is August 3, with an average high of 84°F and low of 58°F. The cool season lasts for 3.2 months, from November 15 to February 22, with an average daily high temperature below 52°F. The coldest day of the year is December 30, with an average low of 36°F and high of 45°F.
Is Tillamook worth visiting?
The beautiful Oregon Coast makes Tillamook an ideal small city to spend time in Oregon. The city has enough to offer roadtrippers for a day or two, and it is a fun, easy day trip from Portland.
What should I pack for the Oregon Coast?
The List: 25 Must Have Items for your Oregon Coast Vacation
- Warm hat.
- Long sleeve shirt.
- Long pants.
- Sturdy shoes for walking on rocks (tide pooling)
- Rubber boots (for crossing rivulets running into the ocean)