Often asked: What County Is Hillsboro Oregon In?
- 1 What county in Oregon is Hillsboro?
- 2 Is Hillsboro Oregon Safe?
- 3 Is Hillsboro Oregon expensive?
- 4 Is Hillsboro Oregon a nice place to live?
- 5 What is Hillsboro Oregon known for?
- 6 What is the prettiest city in Oregon?
- 7 Does it snow in Hillsboro Oregon?
- 8 Is Hillsboro Oregon a good place to retire?
- 9 How cold does it get in Hillsboro Oregon?
- 10 Is Hillsboro cheaper than Portland?
- 11 How far is Hillsboro Oregon from the ocean?
- 12 How old is Hillsboro Oregon?
- 13 Is Oregon City in the Willamette Valley?
What county in Oregon is Hillsboro?
Hillsboro is Washington County’s largest city—and the county seat—with a population exceeding 101,000.
Is Hillsboro Oregon Safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Hillsboro is 1 in 45. Based on FBI crime data, Hillsboro is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Oregon, Hillsboro has a crime rate that is higher than 63% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is Hillsboro Oregon expensive?
Hillsboro’s housing expenses are 59% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 22% lower than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 6% higher than the national average. Hillsboro has grocery prices that are 15% higher than the national average.
Is Hillsboro Oregon a nice place to live?
Hillsboro is in Washington County and is one of the best places to live in Oregon. In Hillsboro there are a lot of coffee shops and parks. Many families and young professionals live in Hillsboro and residents tend to have moderate political views. The public schools in Hillsboro are above average.
What is Hillsboro Oregon known for?
Hillsboro is the fifth-largest city in the State of Oregon and is the county seat of Washington County. Lying in the Tualatin Valley on the west side of the Portland metropolitan area, the city hosts many high-technology companies, such as Intel, that comprise what has become known as the Silicon Forest.
What is the prettiest city in Oregon?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Oregon, USA
- Ashland. Historical Landmark. Add to Plan.
- Astoria. Architectural Landmark. Add to Plan.
- Baker City. Architectural Landmark.
- Brownsville. Historical Landmark.
- Cottage Grove. Architectural Landmark.
- Florence. Historical Landmark.
- Hood River. Natural Feature.
- Jacksonville. Historical Landmark.
Does it snow in Hillsboro Oregon?
Hillsboro averages 3 inches of snow per year.
Is Hillsboro Oregon a good place to retire?
An extremely low crime rate, low health-care costs, walkable neighborhoods and a community that is engaged in the arts makes Hillsboro one of our Best Places to Retire. Though it’s packed with young families and minivan-driving moms, Hillsboro has a growing population of retirees.
How cold does it get in Hillsboro Oregon?
In Hillsboro, the summers are short, warm, dry, and mostly clear and the winters are very cold, wet, and overcast. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 35°F to 84°F and is rarely below 25°F or above 95°F.
Is Hillsboro cheaper than Portland?
Hillsboro is 6.7% less expensive than Portland. Hillsboro housing costs are 9.5% less expensive than Portland housing costs.
How far is Hillsboro Oregon from the ocean?
It is 119 miles from Hillsboro to Oregon Coast.
How old is Hillsboro Oregon?
Hillsboro was incorporated as the Town of Hillsboro on October 19, 1876, by the Oregon Legislature. The first mayor was A. Luelling, who took office on December 8, 1876, and served a one-year term.
Is Oregon City in the Willamette Valley?
Oregon City is the county seat of Clackamas County, Oregon, United States, located on the Willamette River near the southern limits of the Portland metropolitan area.