The Canyon Creek Road extension project established a much-needed north/south connection between employment and residential lands in the north of Wilsonville to the Town Center commercial district. The project abuts a 43.4 undeveloped industrial parcel and 21.54 undeveloped acres of residentially-zoned land.
This project was completed in the spring of 2015 and is expected to leverage private-sector development on the adjacent vacant parcels. Additionally, the extension of Canyon Creek Road into Wilsonville’s Town Center provides both enhanced vehicle capacity and improved bicycle and pedestrian connectivity. Employees at firms like Mentor Graphics and Xerox can now walk easily to Town Center retail services, parks, and other amenities.
- The total project cost was $3.8 million
- Urban renewal contributed $3.5 million
- Developer contribution of $.3 million
- Improved traffic circulation
- Infill of bike and pedestrian connections
- Improved connections between employment and residential areas and the Town Center commercial center
- Construction of road improvements necessary to serve future industrial and residential development