The Main Street Streetscape Project re-constructed a four-block portion of Monmouth’s downtown (OR51) from Knox Street east to OR99W.
The project completed the second phase of Main Street reconstruction. The initial phase of downtown improvements was constructed in 2002. The project included construction of new sidewalks and pedestrian amenities, installation of landscaping and street furniture, storm drainage improvements, re-located utilities, and improved accesses for businesses.
The result has been a dramatic transformation of Monmouth’s downtown.
- The project cost was $709,291. Funding for the project was provided by the Monmouth Urban Renewal District financing and Federal Surface Transportation funds administered by ODOT.
- Urban Renewal District financing through Monmouth Power & Light Utility $270,000
- Federal Surface Transportation Funds coordinated through ODOT $432,291
- Frontage and access improvements for 32 downtown businesses
- Unified Main Street streetscape