The Dallas Urban Renewal Agency awarded a $10,000 facade improvement grant, to the property owner to rehabilitate the front façade of the historic Blue Garden building, located on Main Street in Dallas. The Urban Renewal Façade Grant was in turn used as leverage to secure an additional $20,000 grant from the Oregon Heritage’s Diamonds in the Rough grant program for facade improvements.
- Total façade improvement costs = $50,762
- The URA provided a $10,000 grant
- Private participation = $20,762
- Other public participation = $20,000
- In process of restoring interior to create a new restaurant in Downtown Dallas that will create 5-10 new jobs.
- Local electrician, painters, tile company were hired to help complete the project.
- Restored community pride and interest in revitalizing Downtown.
- Five new businesses have opened in the Downtown since the project was completed.