The Beaverton Urban Redevelopment Agency (BURA) is encouraging revitalization of downtown Beaverton, including increasing the number of and enhancing existing restaurants, brewpubs, wine bars and growleries.
The purpose of Beaverton’s Tenant Improvement (TI) Program is to partner with food and drink-based business owners and related property owners interested in opening a new business or renovating/expanding a current business by providing matching interior construction grants.
Businesses are eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- The business is a food and/or beverage based business. Examples include restaurants, coffee shops, and wine bars.
- The business is open to the public. Businesses that only provide services to members are not.
- The business is located within the Downtown Program Area.
- National chains are not eligible for this program.
- BURA will provide a 50% match of eligible costs with a maximum grant of $25,000.
- The TI Program is an effort towards making Beaverton the premier restaurant destination in Beaverton.
- In addition, the program will support increasing the number of restaurants currently existing around Watson Ave and 1st Street in Downtown Beaverton, a burgeoning restaurant row.